Valentine’s Day can either create fear or joy in your heart. Several years ago, I was dreading another lonely Valentine’s Day. I didn’t want to stay at home but I didn’t want to feel out of place on this “romantic” day.
My first love has always been dancing – ballet, tap, jazz, even hula as a girl. One day, I read an article in the SF Gate about salsa dance lessons on Valentine’s Day. I was intrigued.
The organizer, Evan of Salsa Crazy, positioned the event as a great way for single people to mingle, have fun and not be intimidated. I went to the event and it worked on several levels:
- Targeted single men and women
- Provided an alternative to the usual mixers for singles
- The instructor didn’t take himself seriously, putting everyone at ease
- Though it was a club setting, the event was in the early evening so it wasn’t an intimidating “club” scene
- By rotating partners, you go to meet a lot of people but not stressful like speed dating
Evan is a great marketer. He knows how to market his product – salsa dancing – to the right market with the right message. He’s grown his business to include paid online videos and more.
And me? I didn’t find my true love at the event, but I did fall in love with salsa dancing!
technorati tags: Marketing Salsa crazy salsa dancing Valentines day
del.icio.us tags: Marketing Salsa crazy salsa dancing Valentines day
icerocket tags: Marketing Salsa crazy salsa dancing Valentines day